Be the first to experience a preview of an exciting new work in progress created especially for the Los Angeles Master Chorale by visual artist Doug Aitken at GALA 2019, held at the Marciano Art Foundation.
This black tie benefit supports the concerts and youth education programs of the Los Angeles Master Chorale. The event honors Doug Aitken for his artistic vision and philanthropist Lillian Pierson Lovelace for her extraordinary contributions to the Los Angeles art community.
Beautiful music and art, in a magnificent venue, combine to make GALA 2019 unlike any event you will attend this season.
Highlights include the following:
- Artful cocktails, silent auction, and an exclusive evening viewing of the Marciano Art Foundation’s galleries
- Amazing three-course dinner created by Josef Centeno, the celebrated chef-owner of five Los Angeles restaurants, including Baco Mercat, Bar Ama, and P.Y.T.
- Special performance of Thomas Tallis’s Spem in Alium
- An immersive performance by the Los Angeles Master Chorale that you can only experience at our gala
- Exciting live auction of exquisite items and adventures hosted by our celebrity auctioneer, and good friend of the Master Chorale, KUSC’s Rich Capparela
LAMC’s distinguished honorary GALA 2019 hosts include director Peter Sellars and composer John Williams, along with the following:
- Karla and William Ahmanson
- Sarah Arison
- The Honorable Kathryn Barger
- Marciano Art Foundation
- Ellen Reid
Doug Aitken – Artistic Honoree
Doug Aitken is an American artist and filmmaker. Defying definitions of genre, he explores every medium, from film and installations to architectural interventions. His work has been featured in numerous exhibitions around the world, in such institutions as the Whitney Museum of American Art, The Museum of Modern Art, the Vienna Secession, the Serpentine Gallery in London, and the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris.
Lillian Pierson Lovelace – Philanthropic Honoree
As a longtime supporter of the Los Angeles Master Chorale, Lillian and her late husband Jon made a transformative gift in 2002 to name Choral Hall at Walt Disney Concert Hall, allowing the Master Chorale to flourish in its new home. Her support continued as the underwriter of the Master Chorale’s groundbreaking production of Lagrime di San Pietro. Lillian’s passion for choral music is only rivaled by her passion for contemporary art.
March 29, 2019 | 11am-5pmElliot Bergman’s Peace Bells
March 30, 2019 | 10am-6pmElliot Bergman’s Peace Bells
March 31, 2019 | 10am-5pmElliot Bergman’s Peace Bells
April 18, 2019 | 10am, 1pm, 4pmKaren O & Danger Mouse present an Encounter with Lux Prima
April 19, 2019 | 10am, 1pm, 4pmKaren O & Danger Mouse present an Encounter with Lux Prima
April 20, 2019 | 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pmKaren O & Danger Mouse present an Encounter with Lux Prima
April 21, 2019 | 10am, 1pm, 4pmKaren O & Danger Mouse present an Encounter with Lux Prima