Visitor Services Associates
We are seeking associates to facilitate the experience of all visitors to MAF.
The visitor services associates will create a friendly environment while also overseeing ticketing, gallery experience and safety and security of both artworks and visitors. This is a part-time position and candidates must be available during weekends and some holidays. MAF will be open Thursday–Friday, 11am–5pm and Saturday, 10am–6pm.
- Welcome visitors to MAF
- Verify tickets, check-in visitors and groups and help orient visitors within MAF
- Answer visitor questions about the collection, current exhibitions, the historic building and the location of artworks within MAF
- When needed, enforce rules that ensure the safety of visitors and also of the artworks on display
- Attend all required training, including developing an in-depth expertise on the MAF art collection
- Friendly, sociable and energetic
- Interested in contemporary art
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable speaking to individuals and large groups (adults and children)
- Previous experience in a client-facing capacity and/or a cultural organization preferred
- Basic computer skills; comfortable using an iPad or Tablet
Must be comfortable standing the majority of their shift (with reasonable exceptions made for those with disabilities.)
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org